IN PREPARATION FOR YOUR SURGERY:
- Discuss any abnormal bleeding episodes following other surgery or injuries.
- Discuss with your medical doctor any necessary changes in anticoagulant medicine dosage.
- Begin taking any antibiotics your doctor has prescribed for you as instructed.
- Have something to eat before coming to the office for your appointment: DO NOT FAST.
- Take 2 tablets of 200mg Motrin 1hour prior to surgery (take with food).
- Try to trim any long facial hair surrounding the oral cavity to improve visibility during the procedure.
- This procedure will be done using local anesthetics so you will be alert and able to drive yourself home. You may bring someone with you if you prefer.
- A biopsy may be sent to LabCorp or Quest. We will need your MEDICAL INSURANCE information for submitting the biopsy. Please advise us which lab can be used.
- Additional instructions will be given to you following the procedure.